Seeing The World Through The Eyes of Alessandro MicheleJan 04, 2022
The creative mind behind House of Gucci is more than just a fashion designer. Alessandro Michele is an artist, an entrepreneur and a successful creative in the fashion industry.
1. Alessandro Michele began experimenting with his personal look and image at the age of eight, and by the early age of 10, he had bleached his hair!
2. After graduating from high school, Alessandro Michele studied costume design at Rome's Costume e Moda, before working for Les Copains on knitwear and then for Fendi on leather goods in the late 1990s, before being employed as a bag designer by Gucci in the early 2000s.
3. Alessandro Michele is a voracious collector. One of his cherished collections includes 35 distinct editions of Lewis Carroll's beautifully bizarre children's novel Alice in Wonderland, which was first published in 1865.
4. Gucci's Resort 17 collection was presented for the first time at London's Westminster Abbey by Alessandro Michele, marking the first time a fashion show has ever taken place in this revered structure.
5. Alessandro Michele is a visionary and a free thinker who believes that fashion should be like a universal language, expressing a way of life and a point of view.